Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ohh kids

I'm in the kitchen doing some dishes (like a good house husband does) while ignoring our children (Which is hard to do cause our house is only 660 sq ft); I hear "WEEEEEEE!" coming from the living room. There's nothing that fun in our house that my two year old should be getting that excited about. That's when I looked over my shoulder (no our kitchen is not in our living room, but it might as well be) and saw little Zoey(4 months) in the Jolly jumper swinging back and forth just laughing away as Ella screams "WEEEE!" Yeah Ella seems to think were at the park swinging her little sister. Its the jolly jumper that attaches to the door frame, I'm not sure how much side force it can take; so naturally I'm freaked out. Gotta love little kids.

I love silence in the house during nap time. It's one of my favorite times of the day. I get to play video games (like GTA V, Godus, and Rogue Legacy just to name a few that Iv'e been playing recently). When it's dead silent and it's not nap time; that's when the trouble happens. Every time the house goes from screaming to dead silent every parent should clue in that something isn't right with the world. One weekend Ella was watching TV in our bedroom, cause that's where our only TV just happens to be.

Her show ended and there's silence; which is odd because usually she hollers out "MORE!" So after cluing in to the dead silence, I decide to check up on her. Much to my dismay I see my daughter pulling apart our blue memory foam mattress topper. A giant hole staring me in the face with the white of the mattress blaring through. "OMG" (ok I don't say OMG but I said the whole thing out loud.) My wife hearing me freak out, was now starting to get freaked out. She comes in to see the mess and says "Oh that's not bad." Whar do you mean not that bad? that stuff's expensive. Usually my wife gets upset easily about stuff like that but that day was a different story. When she first heard me freak out she thought there was poop smeared everywhere in our bedroom. so that's probably why she took this mess so calmly. Kid's are like puppies they will chew on your shoes, steal your food, pee in the corner(when potty training), and destroy EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages